Find out more about visiting us, catching up with former classmates and getting involved in the department post-university.
Our alumni also play key roles in the life of the department. Several are counted amongst our academic staff while others:
- donate time to mentor current students
- financially support current students with bursaries
- contribute real world experience to teaching and research
Ways you can get involved
Want to put your experience to good use? Your time and expertise can be used to benefit UCL Mechanical Engineering and the wider UCL community in various ways across a variety of roles.
Here are some of the ways you can get involved today:
- Mentoring: Use your knowledge to support current students by offering mentoring to current students – sign up here.
- Recruitment/ internships: Your firm can have access to some of the world’s brightest most numerate students. Can you offer internships or jobs to our current students? Get in touch.
- Career skills/advice: Mechanical Engineering students experience in the wider world of work and business could help really help our current students.
- Donate: Support the work of UCL Mechanical Engineering directly and the wider UCL Campaign “It’s all Academic” – visit the campaign site.
- Tell us what you’re up to: Students are inspired really by what their predecessors like you have achieved. Do keep us up-to-date with what you’re doing.
Stay in touch
Each year, we mail two newsletters to all registered Mechanical Engineering alumni around the world, sharing news from the department today. If you want occasional updates on life at the department, register or update your details.
Come back and meet your year group
Would you like to get together with your former UCL coursemates? You certainly don’t need to wait 50 years! We would love to help you get together with your friends. The department will:
- help you contact your former classmates
- host a visit to the department and campus
- facilitate social gatherings for your party
If you would like to initiate a year group reunion and would like us to help, get in touch with Mykal Riley, Communications Manager on:
- +44 (0)20 3108 1347;
- +44 (0)7910 947658; or
Not registered as an alumni? Register here.