MAPS Education: Training and Collaboration Grants
In 2022 we ran the first ever MAPS Education Training and Collaboration small grants scheme. Funding of up to £2000 was available to support education-related activities that enhance the practice or dissemination of pedagogy and/or enhancement of student experience and engagement within the MAPS faculty. Examples of the types of activities that were supported are:
- Visiting another institution to learn about innovative pedagogical practice or approaches to student support or engagement.
- Inviting a leading practitioner in discipline-specific education research to visit UCL to give a talk or workshop.
- Attendance at a conference focussed on Education or student engagement.
- Training or continual professional development opportunities related to education or pedagogy.
- Exchange visits to establish or maintain a collaboration in education research, including to work on data analysis and writing education papers.
All MAPS staff were eligible to apply but we prioritised funding for those in teaching-focussed positions: Associate Lecturers (Teaching); Lecturers (Teaching); Associate Professor (Teaching) and Professor (Teaching) as well as Education-focussed Professional and Technical services staff.
We awarded 20 grants in April 2022 and expect the recipients to send us a brief update of the outcome of the activity so that we can use it as a case study and dissemination to exchange best practice within the faculty. Case studies and updates will be published here when the planned activities have taken place.
Do you have an idea for an Education-related project?
If so, please contact Zak Liddell and Katherine Holt with a brief outline of the project and the funding required. Further focussed funding opportunities will be posted here in due course.