The Faculty of Mathematical & Physical Sciences consists of eight departments active in teaching and researching broad areas of science. The Natural Sciences Degree Programme, a 'virtual department' that runs our cross-departmental degree programme is operated directly by the faculty office.
These departments are:
- Earth Sciences
- London Centre for Nanotechnology
- Physics & Astronomy
- Risk & Disaster Reduction
- Science & Technology Studies
- Space & Climate Physics & Mullard Space Science Laboratory
- Statistical Science
- Virtual department: Natural Sciences Degree
In addition, the faculty has a number of specialised centres and institutes that coordinate research in fields that cross the boundaries of traditional academic disciplines, and hosts three EPSRC and one STFC Centres for Doctoral Training.