Biosciences Undergraduate Summer Research Studentships
We are very pleased to announce that applications are now being taken for the UG Biosciences summer research studentships, the deadline for submission is 5 May 2023. Following a generous donation to Life Sciences, a number of studentships are available for students in their penultimate year of study, providing experience of a research environment and training.
Who can apply?
Students studying for an undergraduate degree in UCL Division of Biosciences or the School of Pharmacy who are in the:
- second year of a three-year programme or
- third year of a four-year programme;
- are domiciled in the UK;
- come from a low-income and/or a low-socio-economic background;
- have demonstrated excellence in academic achievement in their university studies.
The studentships may be held in any area of UCL where the Principal Investigator (PI) agrees to offer you space to undertake a laboratory or computational research project. Areas available within Life Sciences include UCL Biosciences, the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre for Neural Circuits & Behaviour (SWC) and the Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit (GCNU).
What does the studentship cover?
You will spend between six to twelve weeks undertaking a research project working with a PI based at UCL.
How much funding is available?
- Bench fee of £500 to the PI (Principal Investigator)
- £400 per week stipend for the successful recipient for between 6 and 12 weeks
- Projects must be hosted by a PI based at UCL.
- Additional travel and accommodation costs are not covered by the Scheme.
How to apply? (Closing date for applications is 5 May 2023)
• Contact a staff member (the PI) in whose laboratory you would like to undertake your computational project to see if they are able to host you over the 2023 summer period.
• If the staff member agrees to you spending time with them, you will need to provide some information on your academic achievements for them to complete the online application form.