Details on the many online newspapers to which UCL subscribes, and how UCL staff and students can find and access them.
Thousands of current newspapers from around the world can be accessed via NexisUK, and many of these regional, national and international titles go back to the middle of the 1980s.
For earlier news sources we have access to:
- The Illustrated London News 1842-2003
- The Times Digital Archive 1785-2008
- 17th-18th Century Burney Collection Newspapers
- British Library Newspapers
- Daily Mail Historical Archive, 1896-2004
- Financial Times Historical Archive
These are all available via Gale Primary Sources
The Guardian/Observer Archive is available via Proquest Historical Newspapers along with a number of American newspapers from the last three centuries:-
- The Atlanta Constitution 1868-1945
- Baltimore Sun, The 1837-1986
- Boston Globe 1872 - 1979
- Chicago Defender 1910-1975
- Chicago Tribune 1849-1988
- The Christian Science Monitor 1908-1998
- Hartford Courant 1764-1986
- Los Angeles Times 1881-1988
- The New York Times 1851-2008
- New York Tribune 1841-1922
- San Francisco Chronicle 1865-1922
- The Wall Street Journal 1889-1994
- The Washington Post 1877-1995
Welsh newspapers 1804-1919 are freely available from the National Library of Wales.
European newspapers are available via The European Library.
Australian newspapers and more are available in Trove.