Our latest publication is available on MedRxiv, Oct 2020
'SARS-CoV-2 antibody responses in patients with aggressive haematological malignancies' Jenny O'Nions, Luke Muir, Jiexin Zheng, Chloe Rees-Spear, Annachiara Rosa, Christopher Earl, Peter Cherepanov, Rajeev Gupta, Asim Khwaja, Clare Jolly, Laura E McCoy
The Jolly lab has re-opened for SARS-CoV-2 work, April 2020
We are working closely with the Towers, Selwood and Noursadeghi labs (UCL) to address the following questions:
· How does the virus trigger innate and proinflammatory responses across different cell types in vitro?
· Which pathways lead to proinflammatory cytokine secretion and cell death, as observed in severe COVID-19 patients?
· How do the responses observed in vitro compare to those seen in vivo?
· How do the innate responses influence immune crosstalk and T cell functions associated with immunopathology in severe COVID-19 patients?
· Can we identify specific pathways and inhibitors to modulate innate and immune crosstalk to reduce pro-inflammatory responses and cell death?
· Which viral proteins activate or antagonise innate responses?
· Which restriction factors target SARS-CoV-2 and do these contribute to innate immune signalling?
We have been busy supporting the work of other groups at UCL by getting our CL3 labs operational for SARS-CoV-2, and training and supervising new users:
Dejan's paper is published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, March 2020
Mesner D, Hotter D, Kirchhoff F, Jolly C. Loss of Nef-mediated CD3 down-regulation in the HIV-1 lineage increases viral infectivity and spread. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2020 Mar 31;117(13):7382-7391. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1921135117. Epub 2020 Mar 16.
Clare presented at the 1st Max Planck Society Workshop on HIV Reservoirs and Evolution in St Lucia, South Africa. January 2019
Clare presented on 'Cell - Cell spread of HIV-1' and rounded the conference off with a safari with Greg, Ravi, and Laura.
Infection and Immunity's Christmas Party, December 2018
Jolly Lab Retreat in Amsterdam with the Towers Lab, December 2018
We attended the Frontiers of Retrovirology conference in Leuven, Belgium, September 2018.
Jolly Lab win at the Feathers pub quiz, 2018
The Lab was at the the 10th Blizard Institute HIV Symposium, June 2018
Setting up the draw for the department World Cup sweepstake, 2018
The department was swept up in World Cup fever thanks to an ingenious system devised by the Jolly lab of countries written on agar. You have to grow your bacteria to see who you drew!
Microbiology Society Conference, 2018
Infection and Immunity divisional Christmas Party, December 2017
Christmas celebrations with the Towers lab at 'Watch Me', December 2017
WOHL Christmas Dinner, December 2017
Halloween celebrations with the Towers lab, October 2017
Halloween dressing up - a character that shares your initails......
Towers lab picnic in Regent's Park, August 2017
Our Latest Paper is Published in Cell Reports, 2017.
Infection and Immunity Christmas Party, December 2016
Looking good at Infection and Immunity's Christmas party.
WOHL Christmas dinner, 2016
Dr Shimona Stirling leaves the Jolly lab, 2016
Towers lab picnic in Regents Park, August 2016
Two generations of HIV scientists meet, 2016
Shimona Starling wins 1st prize at the Colloquium, 2015
Clare Secures a further 5 years funding, 2015
Celebrations were held in the UCL Quad to congratulate Clare along with Dr Joe Grove, Prof Greg Towers and Dr Ravi Gupta who all secured Wellcome Trust grants.
Clare's Image on the cover of Journal of Virology, Jan 2015
Elisabetta Spent 6 weeks in Sierra Leone, Feb 2015