NEVER put sensitive or private information e.g. applications with personal data, on your website, whether it's restricted to certain groups or not.
Even if the information is not linked to/from a web page, it will reside on a server and this will NOT be secure.
- Keep up-to-date with any changes / improvements made by Digital Presence (DP) by attending WebNet.
Access for Editors / Authors
Keep track of who all the Editors / Authors are as well as other Chief Editors.
- NEVER copy and paste large folders, esp. not during working hours; instead ask Digital Presence to do this for you.
- Check your site(s) regularly for broken links, copyright and data protection issues. You can add a link-checker 'add-on' from Firefox to help you look for broken links.
- For internal links to your own website, please avoid using absolute links i.e. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/blah - it's better to use so-called relative links i.e. you use 'get link reference' when making a link.
- We suggest you set up a mailing-list with all the Editors and Authors of your site so you can contact them easily.
- We suggest you set up a termly meeting with all Chief Editors, Editors and Authors to discuss what needs changing on the website, based on changes in the business strategy, user-feedback and stats from Google.