This is NOT an unlimited licence and every installation of Microsoft software must first be purchased from us via an electronic IDT.
I agree that my usage of any software issued or otherwise made available to me by a School or Department of University College London is subject to the following conditions:
- I will ensure that all requirements of the Microsoft Select Plus Agreement
under which this software is held by University College London will be met and I
will comply with the Microsoft software licence conditions.
- I will ensure the copyright statement is maintained on all copies of this item of software used by me
- I will ensure the security and confidentiality of
the software licensed to
me, will not make any copies of the software unless the need to install
on multiple machines, as long a I have purchased the required Licenses
- I will only install the software on the same number of machines as I have purchased of licenses.
- If I install the software using a CD created from an ISO file I will destroy the CD following installation unless the software subsequently requires access to it.
- I will not remove the media from UCL premises or use on a non UCL machine or permit others to do so
- I will use the licensed software only for the purposes defined in the copyright agreement and only on the computer system covered by the agreement
- I will not incorporate a modified version of the software in any program written by me without the express permission of Microsoft Ltd
- I will not reverse engineer or de-compile the Software Product
- I will return all copies of the software at the end of my period of employment or when requested to do so
- I am an employee or other person specifically authorised by the licence for the normal business of the licencee’s organisation whether or not located at the licencee’s premises.
- Permitted use of the software includes teaching, research, personal education development, administration and management of the licencee’s organisation, development work associated with any of these issues
- Prohibited use includes research consultancy or services leading to commercial exploitation of the product: use of the product which leads it to be commercially exploited by the employer of students on industrial placement or part-time courses
- I understand that purchase of Microsoft products via Software Information, University College London does not imply support in terms of installation, training, in-house documentation or use
In signing this agreement or by installing/downloading the software, I agree to the above conditions and I realise that the University of London (University College London) reserves the right to take legal action against individuals who cause it to be involved in legal proceedings as a result of violation of its licensing agreements