SharePoint is a web-based collaboration space which can be used to create, edit and share content between colleagues. It is an ideal solution to collaborate on work for upcoming projects and events, or as a single location to document operational tasks and instructions.
- Content accessible anywhere online.
- Upload existing documents or create new documents directly within your library using the Office Online suite.
- Edit documents at the same time using co-authoring.
- Generate lists of data with customisable views and columns.
- Create a Wiki Library to share and search for information.
- Record ideas quickly using a shared Notebook.
- Share documents with colleagues outside of UCL.
OneDrive for Business is a web-based collaboration space designed for personal use, such as sharing a file with an individual. UCL staff and students are allocated 1TB of storage space.
Types of SharePoint site available
SharePoint Online offers a number of different service levels depending on business use and skill level. The table below defines which SharePoint option is best suited to host your information:
|Site Type||Best Used For||Support|
|OneDrive for Business||Personal collaboration||Documented but self-supported|
|Team Site||Pre-built site, ready to use for team collaboration||Supported by ISD|
|Team Site Custom||If you would like to design your own site for team use||Self-supported|
|Site Collection - Delegated||Structured information including sub-sites||Self-supported|
Contact the ISD Service Desk to request a SharePoint site. Please read the SharePoint Request page before requesting a site to determine which option is suitable for your requirements.
Help and Resources
Visit the SharePoint Online Portal for support documentation and available features.