A web-based collaboration and storage space. Used to create, edit and share content between colleagues. Ideal for collaborating on upcoming projects or as a location to document operational tasks.
- Content accessible anywhere online.
- Upload existing documents or create new documents directly within your library using the Office Online suite.
- Edit documents at the same time using co-authoring.
- Generate lists of data with customisable views and columns.
- Create a Wiki Library to share and search for information.
- Record ideas quickly using a shared Notebook.
- Share documents with colleagues outside of UCL.
OneDrive for Business is a web-based collaboration space designed for personal use, such as sharing a file with an individual. UCL staff and students are allocated 1TB of storage space.
Types of SharePoint site available
SharePoint Online offers a number of different service levels depending on business use and skill level. The table below defines which SharePoint option is best suited to host your information:
|Site Type||Best Used For||Support|
|OneDrive for Business||Personal collaboration||Documented but self-supported|
|Team Site||Pre-built site, ready to use for team collaboration||Supported by ISD|
|Team Site Custom||If you would like to design your own site for team use||Self-supported|
|Site Collection - Delegated||Structured information including sub-sites||Self-supported|
Contact the ISD IT Services to request a SharePoint site. Please read the SharePoint Request page before requesting a site to determine which option is suitable for your requirements.
Help and Resources
Visit the SharePoint Online Portal for support documentation and available features.