Cloud storage designed for group collaboration. Used to create, edit and share content between colleagues. Ideal for collaborating on upcoming projects or as a space to document operational tasks.
- Content accessible anywhere online.
- Upload existing documents or create new documents directly within your library using the Office Online suite.
- Edit documents at the same time using co-authoring.
- Generate lists of data with customisable views and columns.
- Create a Wiki Library to share and search for information.
- Record ideas quickly using a shared Notebook.
- Share documents with colleagues outside of UCL.
Types of site available
Different site types are available depending on your usage need. The table below defines which SharePoint option is best suited to host or present your information:
|Site Type||Best Used For|
|SharePoint - Communication site||Present information using visually stunning pages to share a vision, news, information and resources.|
|SharePoint - Hub Site||Connect individual sites to collate and present common content and activity.|
|SharePoint - Team Site||Collaborate with a group with members inside or outside UCL to share files, news and data.|
Note: This is a standalone SharePoint site and not connected to a Microsoft Team.
Requesting a SharePoint site
To request a SharePoint site, complete the SharePoint site request form within the IT Services Portal.
Please read the SharePoint Request page before requesting a site to determine which option is suitable for your requirements.
Should I use SharePoint or OneDrive for Business?
OneDrive for Business is a cloud storage platform that is allocated per user account and is designed for personal collaboration. When a file is uploaded to OneDrive for Business it is associated to that person's OneDrive account. If you have a set of resources that should be managed/owned by a group of individuals, we recommend using SharePoint or Teams for that purpose.
Help and Resources
Visit the SharePoint support portal for how-to guides and available features.