An Information Asset Administrator (IAA) may be responsible for the day-to-day management of data within a study.
An Information Asset Owner (IAO) may delegate responsibility for management of confidential information to an Information Asset Administrator (IAA). While the IAA may be responsible for the proper handling of information, the IAO remains accountable, so will need to ensure that the IAA understands and has the required competencies to undertake these responsibilities.
Delegated responsibilities typically include:
- Managing the joiners, movers and leavers process within the team
- Ensuring all team members keep their training up-to-date
- Granting and revoking access to confidential information
- Recognising potential or actual security incidents
- Consulting the IAO on incident management
- Ensuring that risk assessments and other documents for the study are accurate and maintained