UCL Central Filestore: Adding your Home (N:) drive to an Android tablet or smartphone
Guidance on how to add your UCL Home (N:) drive to an Android tablet or smartphone so that you can access your UCL files and documents.
This guide is aimed at...
Before you start...
- An Android tablet or phone connected to eduroam Wi-Fi service
- You need to have downloaded a Samba-capable file browser from the Google Play store (e.g. ES File Explorer)
Please note: UCL is not responsible for any third-party apps that are listed here.
- Go to the following web page which will inform you of your unique home drive folder path:
- UCL Data Store Access Instructions (opens in a new tab).
The following page will display:
Fig 1. UCL Data Store Access – Enter User Name
- In the User name text box enter your own UCL user ID which is 7 characters long e.g. uczzrt0 and click View Instructions.
- Under the UCL Home (N:) Drive tab you will see some information about the UCL home drive.
Fig 2. Your UCL Home (N:) Drive folder path
- Under 'Your personalised connection paths are:' highlight the path under For Windows: which will start AD.UCL.AC.UK\ and end with your 7 character userID for example \\ad.ucl.ac.uk\home0\uczzrt0\ and copy it to your clipboard. Alternatively make a note of this as you will need it later in this process.
Please note: The letter “0” after home. You should substitute it with the last letter or number of your username
- In your Samba-capable file browser (e.g. ES File Explorer) connect to your path from step 4.
- Supply credentials:
- Username: your UCL user ID e.g. uczzrt0
- Domain: AD.UCL.AC.UK
- Password: enter your UCL password
Related guides & other info
- View or restore a previous version of a file or folder in Windows 7
- Restore a deleted file or folder in Windows 7
- Check your remaining storage space (quota) in Windows 7
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.