Pinning Items to the Start menu on Desktop@UCL desktop and Windows 7
This guide will explain how to add an application to your Windows Start menu so that you can quickly launch an application in the future. This is a particularly useful feature for applications you use regularly.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
- A computer running Desktop @ UCL or Windows 7
- If you are using Desktop @ UCL, you need to have logged into Desktop @ UCL PC or Desktop @ UCL Anywhere services
- Click on the Windows Start button
Fig 1 – Windows Start button
2. Navigate to All Programs
Fig 2 – Windows Start menu
3. Find the application you are looking for. In the example provided, we use Excel 2013 and right click on the program. It will then display a list of options.
Fig 3 – Right click options for an application
4. Select Pin to Start Menu. The application will then appear in the start menu when you click on the Windows start button.
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.