Modify members of a shared mailbox or calendar resource security group in Outlook Web Access (OWA)
This how-to guide demonstrates how to modify the members of a shared mailbox or bookable resource security group using OWA.
Before you start...
- You will need to be a member of the Owner access group (for shared mailboxes) or the Admins access group (for bookable resources) to perform changes to group membership.
- Check your browser compatibility to ensure you meet the minimum requirements for using OWA.
1. While signed in to Outlook Web Access, visit the distribution group management portal.
2. Under distribution groups I own, select the security group for your shared mailbox or resource you would like to update, then select Edit (visible as a pencil icon). Alternatively you can also open the list details by double clicking on it.
3. A new window will open with details about your chosen security group. Select Membership from the left-hand pane.
Tip: If you are not sure which security group to change or what level of access you should grant your new user, refer to the Shared Mailboxes page for guidance. You can also contact IT Services who can advise further.
To add a new user:
1. Within Membership, beneath Members, select Add (visible as a plus (+) icon).
2. You will be prompted to search for the new member from a list of available contacts. Select Default Global Address List. In the Search this list of contacts field, type the name, user ID or email address of the new member.
3. Once you have found the person you want to add, select the name and then select Add (visible as a plus (+) icon) next to the name.
4. The chosen account will be added beneath the Members heading. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for any other new members. Select Save.
5. You will be returned to the Membership section with the newly specified members listed. Select Save to apply your changes and add the new users.
To remove a user:
1. Within Membership, beneath Members, select the person you wish to remove. Select Remove (visible as a minus (-) icon).
2. Select Save to apply your changes.
Related guides and other info:
Help and support
- Contact the IT Services.