How to use advance copy/scan options (Job Build)
This guide will take you through the steps required to use advance copy/scan features on a Print @ UCL device.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
- You'll need your UCL ID card, which will need to have been registered with Print @ UCL
- You will need access to a Print @ UCL Multi-function device or printer
1. At the device tap your UCL ID card on the reader.
2. You will be presented with the following menu options:
- Pull Print
Select Copy if you are copying or Email if you are scanning to email.
3. Touch the Job Assembly tab
4. Touch Build Job > On
5. You can now load each document you want to scan/copy and press the large green button. Each document you scan will be added to the same file before printing or sending to email.
You will see various features such as enlarge/reduce, paper supply, 2 sided copying and copy output. Chose the option you need by touching the relevant button and selecting the required size, orientation or some other feature.
The defaults for copying are as follows
- Black & White
- Single sided
- 300 dpi resolution
To change any of these features, see below
- Change copy output settings
Change output colour, paper supply type, paper sides and stapling
6. Click OK after each selection made.
7. Once you have scanned all documents touch Submit Job.
If you have finished, remember to log out! Either tap your card again or hit the button with a diagram of a key that is lit up in green on the top right hand area, followed by the log out button on the display area.
You don't have to wait until your job is finished to sign out. You can do so as soon as you have released your job if you wish.
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.