How to change the way your name is displayed on the UCL Directory
This guide is aimed at:
- IT for support staff
Before you start
Any changes you make here will also appear across various other UCL systems including, for example, the live @ UCL email address book or the Research Publication Service (RPS).
The only exception is your UCL staff record maintained by HR – this will not change. HR must record your name as it appears on official documentation. But you can update your “known as” name (the name HR will use when contacting you) by using MyHR (HR's online self-service web application).
1. Go to the UCL Directory self-service Directory Preferences and Changes page.
2. Enter preferred versions of your first and last names and combinations of your initials.
3. Click Submit.
Different combinations of first name and initials will produce different results - if in doubt, contact the Directory Corrections Team who can advise and/or make the change on your behalf.
The Directory updates each night - so your changes will not be reflected until the day after you have made them.
Related Guides and other links:
- How to set your preferred department (if you belong to more than one)
- How to change or add your phone number
- How to change your email/computer account details
- How to become ex-directory
- About UCL Directory
Help and support
Contact the Directory Corrections team.