How to Archive a Hardware Asset
This guide explains how to archive a hardware asset in SNOW
This guide explains how to archive a hardware asset in SNOW.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need a SNOW userid, to access this product (this is not your UCL userid)
1. When you log into SNOW you will arrive on the Home page showing either a default (Snowboard) or custom dashboard (if created)
Fig 1 - SNOW Homepage
2. Machines are edited by the Computers drop down tab > List all Computers
3. Search for the computer you are looking for in the computer name field and then click on the machine.
Fig 2 - Computer list all.
4. click on the edit computers tab
Fig 3 - Edit computers Tab
5. Click on the Customs Information tab and choose from the custom fields Archive Reason, then click ADD. Choose the reason this machine is Archived:
- Out of Warranty
Fig 4 - Edit custom information
6. The machine has now been archived and saved into the archive area of reports.
Back to the top
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.
We are continually improving our website. Please provide any feedback using the feedback form.
Please note: This form is only to provide feedback. If you require IT support please contact the IT Services Help desk. We can only respond to UCL email addresses.