Enabling Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) on your Mac OSX Computer
Your machine must have DHCP enabled to work with our network. We have provided instructions on how to do this for each of the following operating systems. Click on the operating system that you are using for instructions.
Before you start...
In order to activate your connection you will need the following:
- Computer running Mac OSX
- Network card & cable
- Click on the Apple and select System Preferences
- Choose Network
- In the Show drop-down list, make sure that Built-in Ethernet is selected
- In the TCP/IP tab, delete everything in the boxes, and select Using DHCP from the Configure drop-down list
- Click Save and close System Preferences
- Restart your machine to apply the above changes
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
- Further details on these components can be found on the Troubleshooting page.
- For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.