The Computational Resource Allocation Group (CRAG) provides an advisory function to the Research Computing Group and is not directly accountable to any other Research Infrastructure governance group within UCL.
Terms of Reference
The Terms of Reference of the CRAG are as follows:
- To monitor the availability and delivery of computational services provided by ISD Research Computing Group, according to agreed Key Performance Indicators.
- To review and recommend implementation or amendment of operational policy regarding the allocation and use of computational resources provided by the Research Computing Group.
- To monitor the allocation and usage of Research Computing computational and associated data storage services, according to the above policy.
- To review and approve (or decline) user requests for access, additional resource, and exceptional access to Research Computing resources.
- To assist the Research Computing Group in providing periodic reports on the above and any other matters arising as required.
The CRAG comprises members of Information Systems and UCL academic staff representing Research Computing Consortia domains:
|Name||Department and Research Computing Consortium Represented|
|Dario Alfe (Chair)||Dept. of Earth Sciences|
|Nick Achilleos||Dept. of Physics & Astronomy|
|Javier Herrero||Bill Lyons Centre, UCL Cancer Institute|
|Andrew Martin||Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology|
|Sergey Yurchenko||Dept. of Physics & Astronomy|
|Michail Stamatakis||Dept. of Chemical Engineering|
|Owain Kenway||Research Computing Applications and Support Team Leader, ISD|
|Thomas Jones||Research Computing Platforms Team Leader - infrastructure lead, ISD|
Frequency and Format
The group will meet once a month for two hours to review service statistics and performance, progress against actions, additional/exceptional resource requests and any other business arising. In addition, members may be required to provide advice to the Research Computing team on an ad hoc basis outside of these meetings.
Meeting support will be provided by ISD.
Contacting the CRAG
In the first instance, all queries should be addressed to email@example.com
Alternatively, the CRAG Chair, Professor Dario Alfe, may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org