IoO Day 2021: Lecture and Awards
16 June 2021
A yearly celebration of the people and the initiatives at our institute.
This year's IoO Day was presented online. We welcomed Professor Constance Cepko from Harvard Medical School and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute to deliver the IoO Annual Lecture with a talk titled "Cell fate determination in retinal development".
The IoO Annual Award Lecture was established in 2018 to honour scientists who have made outstanding contributions in the field of ophthalmology and visual science. The lecture is part of the IoO day when awards are also given to IoO and Moorfields/IoO-associated staff to recognize academic, teaching and collegiality activities.
Congratulations to this year's IoO Award winners:
- Research Excellence: Federico Rossi and Peter Andrew
- Teaching Excellence: Rashmi Mathew
- Collegiality: Naheed Kanuga
- Institute Directors' award: Dr Karen Eastlake and Dr Jacqui van der Spuy
- Public and Patient Involvement & Engagement (PPIE), an award presented by NIHR Moorfields Biomedical Research Centre, jointly awarded to:
The MyEyeSite team: Laura & Alessia Fietta (parent and patient), Prof Andrew Webster, Nick Nettleton, Dr Rose Gilbert & Dr Jocelyn Cammack;
Professor Mariya Moosajee
- Professor Constance Cepko
- Harvard Medical School
- Dr Federico Rossi
- Dr Andy Peters
- Ms Rashmi Mathew
- Dr Karen Eastlake
- Dr Jacqui van der Spuy
- MyEyeSight digital platform
- Professor Mariya Moosajee
- NIHR Moorfields Biomedical Research Centre