As we reflect on IOE’s 120-year history in 2022, and look ahead to our future, we asked the IOE community to submit photos about what IOE means to them.
Submissions for the competition closed on Friday 13 May 2022.
The winner will receive a framed print of their photo and their entry will feature in an IOE photo exhibition taking place later this year, marking IOE’s 120th anniversary. They will also receive a collection of IOE120 merchandise.
- Nazlin Bhimani (Research Support & Special Collections Librarian at IOE Library)
- Professor John O'Regan (Professor of Critical Applied Linguistics and IOE Vice-Dean International)
- Dr Claire Robins (Reader in Art and Education)
- Fan Wu (Education Studies BA student and Undergraduate Student Representative for the Department of Education, Practice and Society)
- Andria Zafirakou MBE (Arts and Textiles teacher and Associate Deputy Headteacher at Alperton Community School, and 2018 Global Teacher Prize winner)
Rules and terms and conditions
- You can submit as many photos as you wish but only one photo per entrant will be selected.
- Entries must be submitted as JPEG or PNG files. Please ensure images are of maximum possible resolution and quality.
- All entrants must be the sole owner and author of their entry and must have obtained permission of anyone featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16.
- Entrants will retain copyright to the photographs that they submit. By entering the competition all entrants grant UCL royalty-free non-exclusive licence for publication and exhibition of their photographs in print, on websites or in any other media. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. While we make every effort to credit photographers, we cannot guarantee that every use of the photographs will include photographer’s name.
- Your answers and submissions will be stored electronically as well as in hard copy. Information on UCL’s privacy practices.
- Images that are deemed to be inappropriate or in breach of these terms will be disqualified from the competition. This includes images that may be offensive, previously published, copyrighted (by somebody other than the entrant) or otherwise contrary to the spirit of the competition.