VIRTUAL EVENT: What if... we really want to close the attainment gap ‘post-Covid’?
22 April 2021, 5:45 pm–6:45 pm
What were the dynamics of the attainment gap prior to Covid-19’s arrival? What did we already know about ameliorating those gaps and does that analysis apply in the same way now? What are the prospects for more radical action in a ‘post-Covid’ context?
Watch the debate
Listen to the debate
You can also listen on:
About this debate
- Jon Hutchinson, Assistant Headteacher at Reach Academy Feltham and Visiting Fellow at Ambition Institute.
- Ruth Lupton, Honorary Professor of Education, University of Manchester.
- Hetan Shah, Chief Executive of the British Academy.
- Sammy Wright, Vice Principal of Southmoor Academy in Sunderland.
- Chaired by Lindsey Macmillan, Professor of Economics and Director of the Centre for Education Policy and Equalising Opportunities.