Radical and inspiring ideas for alternative education futures.
Through this series we'll be bringing together a range of commentators - academics, politicians, practitioners, policy wonks - and pushing them to bring some radical new thinking to some of the apparently intractable issues within education, not least the English education system.
This can help all of us reflect on the status quo, celebrate progress but also consider how we might change things for the better to achieve commonly held goals for our education system and what it can do for us all.
Join us in the debate and let your opinion be heard.
We will be live streaming these events. The recordings will be available on our website in both video and podcast format following the events.
- What if… we really wanted to diversify access to our universities?
- What if… we struck a different balance between school autonomy and regulation?
- What if… our main objective in education was to build wisdom?
- What if... we re-designed our school testing and assessment system from scratch?
- What if... we wanted our kids to be happier?
- What if... we wanted all kids to love maths?
- What if… we were able to say more about how the brain learns?
- What if… we thought anew about how we support special educational needs and disability in our schools?
- What if… we really wanted to prepare young people for the age of artificial intelligence?
- What if... we really wanted to support schools facing the greatest challenge?
- What if... we really wanted evidence-informed practice in the classroom?
- What if... we really wanted to transform teaching as a career choice?
- What if... we really wanted to overcome the academic-vocational divide?
- What if... we really wanted to further social mobility through education?