Foundations for Successful Coaching
10:00 am to 4:00 pm, 23 January 2020
Develop your leadership coaching skills to support change, personal performance and learning.
UCL Institute of Education20 Bedford WayLondonWC1H 0AL
This programme will support you to use coaching as a leadership tool to facilitate professional dialogue and learning, gain commitment to professional and personal goals and to improve practice.
The two-day programme offers a blend of theoretical input with extensive opportunities to practice core coaching skills within the face-to-face sessions as well as between sessions with colleagues in your organisation.
The programme will help you to:
- develop your knowledge and understanding about coaching and mentoring
- explore the values and principles that under-pin successful coaching
- develop the skills of deep listening and effective questioning
- use a coaching model to facilitate professional dialogue and learning
- gain confidence in your ability to effectively coach others
- explore coaching within organisations.
- Day one
- What’s the difference between coaching and mentoring?
- When do you coach & when do you mentor?
- Are you a suitable coach or coachee?
- Practice coaching.
- Self-reflection in preparation for interim coaching.
- Day two
- How have you progressed as a coach?
- Can you build emotional intelligence, rapport and trust?
- How does coaching work in organisations?
- Coaching practice.
- Self-reflection and next steps in your professional development.
£490 per person.
Spring term 2020
Summer term 2020
Who can apply?
This programme is for leaders at all levels within your organisation. This programme supports those who have undertaken, or are considering, the following UCL Institute of Education programmes:
- Early Leadership
- Developing Middle Leaders
- Extending Leadership
- National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML)
- National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
- National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH).