Join a collaborative online learning community and benefit from the IOE, UCL's Faculty of Education and Society's world-leading expertise.
The IOE, UCL's Faculty of Education and Society's massive open online courses (MOOCs) are free or low-cost online courses which are open to all.
Students from across the world come together with their peers to benefit from the IOE's world-leading research expertise through innovative learning technologies. By enrolling on an IOE MOOC, you will be joining a collaborative community of fellow professionals who form international discussion groups, share and test research data and contribute to new findings.
IOE currently offers the following MOOCs on FutureLearn:
- Blended and Online Learning Design
- Becoming a Better Teacher: Exploring Professional Development (with the British Council)
- Blended Learning Essentials: Getting Started (with the University of Leeds)
- Blended Learning Essentials: Embedding Practice (with the University of Leeds)
- Global Education for Teachers
- Key Ideas in Mentoring Mathematics Teachers
- Teaching the Holocaust: Innovative Approaches to the Challenges We Face (with Yad Vashem)
- Transforming Education in Challenging Environments (with the Lebanese American University)
And the following on Coursera:
- Short, accessible and enjoyable
MOOCs are usually short (3 to 8 weeks), offering 3 to 10 hours of study per week. The learning activities include, for example, videos, discussion forums, text resources, quizzes, peer review activities, links to online digital tools, and webinars.
- Resources you can use in your own teaching
Once you have registered, you will be able to access the course materials whenever you wish, even after it has ended its run, and can make use of the resources in your own teaching. You can also ask your own students to sign up to any MOOC which fits with the course you are studying.
- Receive a certificate or accreditation
On completing the course, participants may apply for a certificate of participation for a low fee. Some MOOCs also offer tutor-marked accreditation for a higher fee.
For further information please contact Professor Diana Laurillard, UCL Knowledge Lab, at email@example.com