Please scroll down for all current WEISS vacancies, grouped by staff vacancies and PhD studentships in closing date order, or click on the links below to skip straight to the job summary.
Research Fellow in Biomedical Fluorescence Imaging (deadline: 15 October 2021)
£36,770 to £40,928 | Full time | Fixed term (2 years)
Applications are invited for a research fellow position to work on the development of a near infrared and shortwave infrared fluorescence imaging scanner applied to cancer. The scanner will be used to image antibody-conjugated dyes to improve the accuracy of fluorescence-guided surgery of paediatric solid cancer. The goal is to translate the findings to a human clinical trial and the job maybe extended accordingly subject to further funding. The scanner will be combined with an all-optical photoacoustic imaging scanner to create a dual modality intraoperative imaging system to better detect cancer cells that remain during surgical removal and to improve the visualisation of vital organs and vessels.
No current PhD studentships
Recently Closed Vacancies
- WEISS Public Engagement Coordinator
- WEISS Public Engagement Manager
- WEISS Business Development Manager
- Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow in Surgical AI (2 posts)
- Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow in Flexible Electronics and Wireless Sensing
- Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow in Artificial Intelligence for Surgical and Interventional Sciences
- Research Fellow in Biomedical Ultrasound
- Research Fellow in Ultrasound Rewarming
- Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow - Human-Machine Interface Hardware Engineer
- Research Assistant / Research Fellow in Surgical and Interventional Sciences
- Research Assistant in Surgical Robot Vision
- Lecturer in Interventional and Surgical Sciences
- WEISS Communications Manager
- Public Engagement Officer
- PhD Studentship "Multi-Modality Imaging for Minimally Invasive Surgery"
- PhD Studentship "Interventional Multimodal Imaging"
- PhD Studentship "Soft Robotics for Medical Imaging and Robotic Surgery"