Professor Simon Mahony
Professor Emeritus of Digital Humanities, Department of Information Studies, UCL;
College of Education for the Future, Beijing Normal University at Zhuhai;
Visiting Professor, Department of Information Management, Peking University.
2017-2020 Director UCL Centre for Digital Humanities, UCLDH
2010-2017 Programme Director MA/MSc Digital Humanities
- Corresponding Member of the Sub-Committee on Education and Research (SCEaR), UNESCO Memory of the World Programme.
- Fellow of the Royal Historical Society (RHS)
- Associate Fellow at the Institute of Classical Studies (School of Advanced Study, University of London).
- Research Affiliate, Department of War Studies, King’s College London
- Member of the iSchools Consortium committee for Digital Humanities Curriculum Design;
- Advisory Board for the University of Cincinnati's Digital Scholarship Center (DSC);
- Advisory Council of Panta Rei, Revista digital de ciencia y didactica de la Historia at the University of Murcia;
- Editorial Board of Journal of Open Humanities Data (JOHD)
- University of London's Centre for Distance Education.
- Individual Supporter of the Programming Historian.
- Giacometti, Alejandro (2014) ‘Evaluating Multispectral Imaging Processing Methodologies for Analysing Cultural Heritage Documents’. Doctoral thesis, UCL (University College London).
- Kamposiori, Christina: (2018) 'Personal Research Collections: Examining Research Practices and User Needs in Art Historical Research'. Doctoral thesis, UCL (University College London).
- Franzini, Greta Hayley: (2019) 'Towards a first digital edition of the oldest surviving manuscript of St Augustine's De civitate Dei'. Doctoral thesis, UCL (University College London).
- Routsis, Vasileios: (2020) 'Informational Privacy and Self-Disclosure Online: A Critical Mixed-Methods Approach to Social Media'. Doctoral thesis, UCL (University College London).
- Gao, Jin: (2021) 'Visualising the intellectual and social structures of Digital Humanities using an invisible college model'. Doctoral thesis, UCL (University College London).
- Loboda, Olga: (2021) 'The transformations of museum experience with an item-based recommender system during exploratory search'. Doctoral thesis, UCL (University College London).
- Liu, Bingjun: 'How mobile computing has changed user expectations towards museum websites'. In progress.
Affiliated Postdoctoral Researcher:
- Yaming (Cindy) Fu (2021) 'Experiencing the Academic Library in the Digital Age'. Doctoral thesis, UCL (University College London).
UCL correspondence address:
Department of Information Studies
University College London
London WC1E 6BT