We have a network of Mental Health First Aiders across UCL who are trained to have a conversation about mental health with colleagues and students and to signpost them to relevant resources.
Mental Health First Aiders
Mental Health First Aiders are colleagues who received 2-day Adult Mental Health First Aid training from MHFA England. The course equips first aiders with the following skills:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
We encourage Mental Health First Aiders to make themselves known in their local area if they are able to offer support.
With the move to remote working, Mental Health First Aiders can also list their name on our website. If you are a Mental Health First Aider and are available to offer support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list below.
- Faculty of Engineering Sciences
Amy Thornton - Security and Crime Science Johanna Novales - Engineering Faculty Office Dominique Drai - Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering Paula Broome - Engineering Faculty Office Rachel Smith - Mechanical Engineering Helen Czerski - Mechanical Engineering Tom Peach - Mechanical Engineering Giles Thomas - Mechanical Engineering Ferdinand Grimm - Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Life Sciences
Angela Preston - UCL School of Pharmacy Isabel Goncalves Cattuzzo - UCL School of Pharmacy (preferred contact via Teams) Sam McDonagh - Division of Biosciences
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
Marie-Belle Mdawar (MHFA) Sanchutha Sathiananthamoorthy (MHFA) Nick Bone (MHFA) Alison Kelly (MHFA and Wellbeing Representative) Pascal Durrenberger (WR) Catriona Heredia (WR) Ayesha Khatun (WR) Tamer Rezk (WR)
- Faculty of Population Health Sciences
Lizzie Hendricks - Institute of Cardiovascular Science Praveen Aujla - Infection, Immunity & Inflammation Jeanne Wolstencroft - UCL GOS Institute of Child Health Amy Fiddament - MRC Clinical Trials Unit at UCL
- Human Resources
Sharron Alexander - HR Business Partnering Sonia Nawoor - Employment Policy and Governance
- Student and Registry Services
Kerry Bivand - Student Enquiries Centre Lillie Chopamba - Registrars Office