Academic Clinical Lectureships
UCL's cohorts of National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) trainees includes approximately 50 NIHR (and locally funded) NIHR Clinical Lecturers in posts across UCL and our UCL Partner Academic Health Science Centres and Hospitals.
Our Academic Clinical Lectureship (CL) schemes have an overall success rate of approximately 85% in securing peer-reviewed internationally competitive research funding to continue their clinical academic careers.
Please see below for the UCL UCAT Guide:
2024 CL Recruitment
Recruitment to the 2024 NIHR Academic Clinical Lectureships (CL’s) will open from April 2024.
- All posts are advertised via Oriel
- Posts can be advertised in different HEE recruitment windows eg: April, May/June and August
- Health Education England (HEE) is responsible for the application and interview process.
- For enquiries about the application process you can contact HEE directly via the Support Portal
- See the table below for a list of the 2023 UCL ACFs
2024 NIHR CL Posts
|CL Post 1||General Surgery||Dr Reza Motallebzadeh|
|CL Post 2||Infectious Diseases||Prof Maddy Noursadeghi|
|CL Post 3||Intensive Care Medicine||Prof Mervyn Singer|
|CL Post 4||Renal Medicine||Prof Jeremy Brown|
Themed CL Posts
|CL Post 5||Cardiology||Multiple Long Term Conditions||Prof Pier Lambiase|
|CL Post 6||General Adult Psychiatry||Mental Health||Prof Maddy Noursadeghi|
|CL Post 7||Neurosurgery||Digital||Prof Rob Brownstone|
|CL Post 8||Paediatrics||Clinical Therapeutics & Pharmacology & Industry||Prof Terence Stephenson|
Additional CL Posts
2024 Dental CL Post
|CL Post 9||Prosthodontics||NIHR Dental||Prof Stephen Porter|