UCL and the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi are inviting proposals from the fields of healthcare and medicine
Please note this funding call closed on 1 December 2021.
This joint research seed fund established by UCL and AIIMS, New Delhi is inviting interdisciplinary and collaborative research proposals between faculty members from both institutions.
The scheme provides a one-time grant for projects to galvanize research groups from both sides to work on proof of concept ideas, generate initial data and apply for further grants from international funding agencies.
- The funding call invites proposals from all areas in the fields of healthcare and medicine, including those aimed at addressing COVID-19.
- Projects of an interdisciplinary nature that demonstrate a pathway to impact and focus on the UN Sustainable Development Goals are encouraged.
- The project should have at least two principal investigators (PIs) – one from each institution.
- Applicants should ensure that their project proposal demonstrates the ability to deliver the research despite the impact of COVID-19.
i) Applications are open to UCL staff members with the following roles:
- Professor / Professorial Research Fellow/ Professor (Teaching) or equivalent
- Associate Professor / Principal Research Fellow / Associate Professor (Teaching) or equivalent
- Lecturer / Senior Research Fellow / Lecturer (Teaching) or equivalent
- Research Fellow / Associate Lecturer (Teaching) or equivalent
- Research Assistant or equivalent are eligible to apply provided their contract covers the spend and activity period
- PhD students are not eligible to apply, but PIs are encouraged to include PhD students in their project
ii) For AIIMS staff members, the call is open to all faculty members and scientists.
Value and duration
Up to six successful proposals will receive up to £10,000, i.e. each successful proposal will receive up to £5,000 per year for UCL faculty and up to Rs.5 lakh per year for AIIMS faculty, for one year.
Funding will be jointly provided by UCL and AIIMS, New Delhi, with 50% going to the academic at each respective institution.
The funds should be used within the current financial year, and the proposals should therefore demonstrate the ability to continue and deliver the research despite the impact of COVID-19.
How to apply
- Before submitting your application, please ensure you read the
- The PI from AIIMS will be responsible for submission of the final joint proposal here: researchsubmission.aiims.edu.
- The AIIMS, New Delhi PI must ensure that their UK counterpart is in full agreement on all aspects of the proposal. A confirmation of this will be needed as part of the submission process.
Call for proposals
Thursday 21 October 2021
Deadline for submission of proposal
Wednesday 1 December 2021 by 4:00pm UK time, 9:30pm Indian Standard Time
Communication of Results to applicants
By end of the week commencing 13 December 2021
Start date of Awards
20 December 2021 onwards
For any clarification points or questions about the joint call, please do not hesitate to contact the colleagues listed below:
AIIMS, New Delhi
Professor Monica Lakhanpaul
Professor Subrata Sinha
Dr Amit Khandelwal
Professor Vineet Ahuja
For the latest news about UCL’s international activity, partnerships and opportunities, subscribe to the bimonthly Global Update newsletter.