About the Finance and Business Affairs division.
- Our Objectives
The plan for Finance is rooted in the need to support delivery of UCL 2034 and has 3 key objectives over the next 5 years. These are to:
- Provide financial resources to support the delivery of academic aims (2034 KE: Financing Our Ambitions)
- Enable institutional priorities through the provision of appropriate financial support (2034 KE: Excellent Systems)
- Support the development of finance capacity and capability, in a diverse and highly performing team where staff have the opportunity for career development and feel valued (2034 KE: Valuing Our Staff)
View our Strategic Operating Plan (UCL login required)
- UCL's Financial Strategy
Next 3 years 5-10 years
- Global Top 20 for 50% of subjects
- Connected curriculum for all programmes
- 5 anchor partners
- Top for research power in REF 2021
- Global Top 20 for 75% of subjects
- 2nd quartile for student experience
- Connected curriculum embedded
- Global engagement embedded
- Dementia Research Institute
- Economics & Public Policy
- Expansion of Harwell
- Maths & Statistics
- UCL East Pool St 'Future living' - opens 2020
- UCL East Marshgate - opens 2022
Sustainability: Finance and Estate
- 5.5% financial sustainability
- 'It's all academic' campaign delivered successfully
- Major elements of current 10 year capital programme delivered
- Improved professional services
- UCL's 200th anniversary (2026)
- Refreshed financial sustainability goal achieved
- Second philanthropy campaign begins
- 2,950 academic staff
- 42,500 students (headcount not FTE) - tight control of Bloomsbury student population
- £600m research income
- @5years: 3,050 academic staff, 44,000 students, £620m research income (inc. QR)
- @10 years with UCL East P1: 3,300 academic staff, 48,000 students, £680m research income
View UCL's Financial Strategy (UCL login required)
- UCL's Annual Report and Accounts
To learn more about our finances please read UCL's Annual Report and Financial Statements.
- TOPS Finance Transformer
We are working with the Transforming Our Professional Services (TOPS) team and colleagues across UCL on the Finance Transformer Project to co-design the future of finance services, we are currently in the design phase of the project.
- FBA Directorate and Senior Team
Joyce Bill is the interim Chief Financial Officer of the Finance and Business Affairs (FBA) division and is a member of the Professional Services Leadership Team. She is responsible for the management of UCL's financial performance and strategy and for the provision of services and advice.
She leads the FBA Senior Team, comprising Directors from Finance Business Partnering, Financial Services, and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Staff contact details
- Our office locations and our teams
- Information on our office locations and teams can be found here.
- FBA's Commitment to Race Equity
Finance and Business Affairs is committed to the following Race Equity pledges:
- Shortlists must have BAME candidate(s), particularly where participation is especially low and at more senior roles.*
- Every BAME applicant that satisfies the essential criteria in a role specification is guaranteed to move to the next stage of the selection process. *
- Every Grade 10 member of FBA will mentor a BAME member of FBA staff.
- FBA commits to supporting the Inclusive Advocacy programme and to ensuring it becomes a standard feature of leadership roles in the division.
- All organisational development programmes to have an agreed proportion (TBA but at least equivalent to the proportion of BAME staff in the division) of BAME staff attending.
- Regular publication of data by organisational unit showing ethnicity mix at different grades, and a move to benchmarking and tracking trends over time.
*This is currently only possible for internal applications.
For applications made via UCL's Online Recruitment System (ROME), all information that identifies ethnicity is hidden from those involved in the recruitment process.
- FBA's Commitment to Sustainability
Finance & Business Affairs has given a commitment to pursuing ways of working in a more sustainable way and limiting the damage to our environment. The division has a representative team of Green Champions, and the Senior Team is fully committed to making positive progress.
Our sustainability team, aptly named, "Green Counts", signs up to the Green Impact project every year. To date, we have earned the following awards:
- Silver in 2013-14
- Platinum in 2016-17
- Excellence in 2017-18
- Gold* in 2018-19
*(for 2018-19 the portoflio was altered in order to make it more straightforward; this involved removing the Platinum and Exellence levels, making Gold the highest achieveable award)
Our team meets regularly to discuss sustainability issues in our division, and come up with fun ways of involving everybody in green initiatives.
- MyFinance Helpdesk: 020 3108 3133, #53133, email@example.com
- Accounts Payable Helpdesk: 020 3108 8769, #58769, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invoice submission only (ensure invoice quotes a PO reference): email@example.com
- Invoice & remittance queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expense claim enquiries: email@example.com
- Remittance enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Credit Control: 0203 108 7285, #57285, email@example.com
- Procurement: 020 7679 9672, #09672, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Fees: 020 3108 7284, #57284, email@example.com