Research and projects
Our core purpose is to enhance and develop UCL’s position as one of the world’s leading centres for the study of Europe and the EU.
As UCL’s hub for research, collaboration and engagement on Europe since 2010, we provide a range of services and support to promote academic excellence in the study of Europe across disciplines. We are recognised as a Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence by the European Commission – a focal point of knowledge and skills on EU affairs – and act as a liaison on European issues between UCL and the public.
Some examples of our research, collaboration, and engagement on Europe:
- Curate and host events, lectures, and workshops for the UCL and wider community
- Contribute to UCL's institutional strategy on Brexit
- Provide expert commentary on European affairs to the media and other stakeholders
- Publish research-based policy papers and reports
- Produce podcasts, videos, and other multimedia projects to showcase research and expertise by UCL academics
- Operate the UCL Europe Blog, a site for commentary and analysis on Europe by UCL academics and external contributors
- Support UCL students in their academic careers and beyond through internships, a careers event, and networking opportunities
We operate and edit the UCL Europe Blog, a multi-disciplinary blog for academic analysis and commentary from UCL and external contributors.
The wide range of posts covers issues ranging from EU politics and climate change to philosophy, public health, and Brexit. This project is an expansion of the former UCL Brexit Blog – all posts on Brexit can be found under the “Brexit” category.