We are a world-leading research group with extensive academic and applied experience of providing high quality evidence and advice to improve population oral health and to reduce oral health inequalities.
Our group has an outstanding reputation for high quality research and teaching. In addition we provide Dental Public Health advice to national and international organisations such as Public Health England, NICE, NHS England, FDI and WHO.
National and international scientific standing
- Over 25 years experience of delivering MSc/PhD teaching - trained over 300 international students many of whom are now in senior academic and dental public health roles around the world.
- Outstanding publication record in dental research - published over 500 peer reviewed papers in top international scientific journals.
- Heavily influenced national and international oral health policies eg oral health inequalities and social determinants; common risk factor approach; oral health related quality of life; life course oral epidemiology; oral health improvement strategies; evidence based dentistry; oral epidemiology; and oral health outcomes.
- Staff awarded IADR Distinguished Scientist Awards and National Institute of Health Research Senior Investigator Award.
- UCL team leading Public Health England review of oral health inequalities.