EPICentre is at ICASP13 in Seoul, South Korea
28 May 2019
A large delegation from EPICentre is attending the 13th International Conference on Applications of Statistics and Probability in Civil Engineering (ICASP13), in Seoul, South Korea, from May 26 to May 30, 2019.
The ICASP conferences are organized every four years under the auspices of the Civil Engineering Risk and Reliability Association (CERRA) and are the main scientific events for people working in the field of reliability and risk in Civil Engineering.
8 EPICentre members are participating and delivering 10 oral presentations, ensuring a strong representation for UCL:
1. Huang C., Galasso C., Ground-motion Intensity Measure Correlations Observed in Italian Data
2. Kotoky N., Freddi F., Ghosh J., Raghunandan M., BRBs uncertainty propagation in seismic retrofit of RC structures
3. Morfuni F., Freddi F., Galasso C., Seismic Performance of Dual Systems with BRBs under Mainshock-Aftershock Sequences
4. Song B., Galasso C., Garciano L., WARP^2: Wind Assessment of Roofs to Pullout & Pullover
5. Song B., Galasso C., The Effect of Directivity-Induced Pulse-Like Ground Motions on Fracture Risk of Welded Steel Column Splices
6. Tsioulou A., Taflanidis A., Galasso C., Validation of hazard-compatible stochastic ground motion model modification
7. Vecere A., Martina M., Monteiro R., Galasso C., Towards near real-time flood loss estimation: model structure and event definition
8. Vecere A., Martina M., Monteiro R., Galasso C., Towards near real-time flood loss estimation: post-disaster index
9. Wilkie D., Galasso C., A Framework for Assessing Structural Resilience of Offshore Wind Turbines
10. Wilkie D., Galasso C., Fatigue Reliability of Offshore Wind Turbines using Gaussian Processes
For this latter paper, EPICentre PhD student David Wilkie has been selected as a recipient of the 2019 CERRA Student Recognition Award. There was a very large number of applicants from all over the world who submitted high-quality research papers, and only 10 students were finally selected by carefully considering the novelty, quality, and presentation (through a 15-minute online video clip) of their work. David will receive an award certificate and a cash prize during the final ceremonial event at the conference; his name is listed in the official conference program and on the ICASP13 website: https://www.icasp13.snu.ac.kr/
Dr Carmine Galasso has also co-organized and co-chaired two mini-symposia within the conference:
- Probabilistic Risk Assessment for Weather-Related Hazards with Prof Fatemeh Jalayer (Universitá degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Italy), Dr Maria Pregnolato (University of Bristol, UK) and Prof Mario Martina (Scuola Universitaria Superiore IUSS, Pavia, Italy);
- Recent Advances and Perspectives in Catastrophe (CAT) Risk Modelling for Developing Countries with Dr Flavia De Luca and Dr Raffaele De Risi (University of Bristol, UK)
Please note, some links lead to external websites.
- Credit: EPICentre