The UCL Diverse Founders’ Network is an intersectional community of diverse entrepreneurs in the UK who tangibly support each other on their entrepreneurial journeys.
The Diverse Founders’ Network aims to help diverse entrepreneurs and aspiring founders break down barriers, create collective and systemic solutions, and provide a support network.
The DFN offers targeted entrepreneurial training, peer support and networking opportunities, and events where you can hear diverse founders sharing the highs and lows of their entrepreneurial journeys.
DFN is an expansion of the former UCL Women in Enterprise Network (WEN).
Who it’s for
The network is open to UCL staff, students and alumni, as well as the local community.
The network aims to support entrepreneurs, founders and start-up talents from the following diversity groups:
- Women, non-binary and all marginalised genders
- Ethnic minority groups and first-generation immigrants
- Neurodivergent and differently-abled talents
- People who have experienced hardship, alienation, injury and loss (HAIL)
- People with primary care responsibilities
You could be:
- leading a business
- someone with a fledgling enterprise idea
- working for startups, for example a product manager, UI/UX designer, chief technology officer
- a mentor or a coach who wants to help others achieve their potential
- anyone interested in diverse entrepreneurship
All our events are free and open to all.
At our events you’ll be able to:
- take part in a practical skills workshops (topics will include fundraising for startups, leadership and resilience, and scaling your organisation)
- hear from inspirational diverse speakers (someone who’s either achieved success or is starting out with a great story to tell)
Find out more and book your place for:
- 7 March - Launch event with Dishoom co-founder Amar Radia
- 13 March - Workshop: Uncovering your startup's purpose
- 20 March - Workshop: Pitching for investment for your impact-driven startup
- 20 March - Startup stories and networking: Chantal Epp (ClicknClear) and Michael Ginzo (Hofy)
- 24 April - Workshop: Fundraising strategies for diverse founders
- 24 April - Startup stories and networking: Manish Karani (Yareta)