Discover your entrepreneurial strengths and learn how to come up with a good idea for a new business or social enterprise with our free one-day course.
This free one-day course will help you identify what you can uniquely bring to the world of business or social enterprise.
You’ll learn how to identify opportunities and generate and test business ideas that match your entrepreneurial skills and qualities.
You’ll also be introduced to the language of innovation, entrepreneurship and business.
This is the first of three courses in the ‘Build your own business’ series.
Who it’s for
This course is for UCL students who are new to entrepreneurship and want to set up their own company or social enterprise but don’t yet have a business idea.
Staff, research associates and recent graduates (within 3 years of graduating) may also take part.
You’re advised to attend ‘Introduction to entrepreneurship’ before attending this course, but it’s not essential.
What you’ll learn
This course will help you:
- identify your unique entrepreneurial strengths and develop hidden talents
- understand the language of innovation, entrepreneurship and business
- recognise potential commercial or social enterprise opportunities
- generate and test ideas to solve a specific problem
- understand and assess customer needs
- align your key strengths to ideas you’d be uniquely positioned to solve
What to expect
This is an online interactive, activity-based course.
You’ll take part in workshop sessions and group discussions, and explore case studies and interactive content.
About the facilitator
Stuart Hartley is the managing director of Incrementa Consulting Limited. He's been supporting students and graduates with enterprise and business startups for the past 15 years. Along the way, he's helped over 2,500 students and graduates to start businesses.
Date, time and place
This free one-day course runs several times a year.
Book now for:
- Wednesday, 27 October 2021, 9:30am to 3pm
- Wednesday, 24 November 2021, 9:30am to 3pm
- Monday, 14 February 2022, 9.30 to 3pm
- Monday, 21 March 2022, 9.30 to 3pm
After competing this course, you can apply to take part in Build your own business 2: Explore and test your idea.
You might also be interested in our other courses and events.
Read our privacy notice to understand how UCL Innovation & Enterprise will deal with your personal data.
UCL Innovation & Enterprise reserves the right to make changes to the programme, location and/or speakers without prior notice. Such alterations are occasionally necessary due to circumstances beyond our control.