Learn how to recognise, disclose and manage conflicts of interest in your day-to-day role at UCL with this online training course.
UCL’s mandatory training supports the university’s Disclosure of Conflict and Declaration of Interest Policy, which you should refer to for more information.
This training covers:
- what a conflict of interest is and how to recognise one
- who UCL’s policy applies to, and related responsibilities
- what to do in the event of a conflict of interest
- what to do if an undisclosed conflict of interest is discovered
- how to manage conflicts of interest
- how to make an annual declaration of external interests (if relevant to your role)
Who it’s for
This training is mandatory for all staff and doctoral students.
This includes anyone working at UCL, including honorary staff, emeritus staff, visiting staff, and the staff and directors of UCL’s subsidiary companies.
It also includes contractors and consultants, where conflicts have not already been appropriately managed through their own conflict management processes.
The training should take approximately 20 to 30 minutes to complete (depending on how many units you need to do, based on your role).
You don’t need to complete the training in one go as you can save your progress and return to it later.
If you’re unable to use the interactive version of the training, accessible Word and audio versions are available.
Access the course
The training course is on UCL’s LearnUpon platform. You'll be prompted to sign into LearnUpon using your UCL credentials. Your completion of the course will be recorded in the HR system.
Find out more about mandatory training courses for UCL staff on the Human Resources website.