ECON0039 > undergraduate module > 2020/21.
- Module name: Advanced Macroeconomics
- Module code: ECON0039
- Module Leaders: Frank Portier
- Intended teaching Term: 2
- Credits: 15 (FHEQ Level 6)
- Year: Final
- Prof. Franck Portier, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 311, Drayton House
Franck Portier is Professor of Economics at UCL. He is a macroeconomist and studies macroeconomic fluctuations, the role of expectations in business cycles and the patterns of recessions. Holding a PhD from University Panthéon Sorbonne in Paris (1993), he is an honorary senior member of the Institut Universitaire de France, and was previously professor at the Toulouse School of Economics.
More on his work can be found on his webpage: (macro)Economics live from London.
You can have a look below at some columns that he wrote for VoxEU
You can also check this short video on why market economies are fundamentally unstable.
For more information about this module, there are a number of resources you can access:
- Visit the Module Catalogue page for the most up-to-date information on module aims, prerequisites, assessment, and eligibility.
- Current students can find full module details on Moodle from the summer.
If you have any questions about taking this module, your eligibility or anything else please contact a member of the Teaching and Learning team at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 8138 7798 (Open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm).