Reader in Seismology
|Reader in Seismology||Kathleen Lonsdale, G17|
|GEOL0029: - Seismology I|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||020 3108 6370 (56370)|
Observational seismology focusing on analytic and numerical wave propagation modeling of broadband waveform and investigation of isotropic/anisotropic Earth structure relevant to plate tectonic processes and fast/slow earthquake behaviors near plate boundary. My continuing effort is to develop critical seismic observations and untangle tectonic/volcanic processes operating over different spatial and temporal scale.
Current efforts include:
- Volcano seismology: broadband seismic/geodetic observations vs. the interaction/feedback between volcanic conduit and magma chamber.
- Seismic anisotropy in the core-mantle boundary region.
- Hydration, compositional mixing/unmixing in the transition zone/uppermost lower mantle vs. long-term plate motion history.
- Repeating/clustered earthquakes vs. Source scaling.
- The nature of sub-slab and asthenosphere fabric; small-scale heterogeneity/anisotropy in the oceanic lithosphere.
- Structural control of large/slow earthquakes in plate boundary.
- Broadband seismic constraints of large earthquakes.