Course Director: Fiona Duncan
This 5 day course aims to establish core skills in managing hearing loss in infants and children to optimise life-long auditory potential
Aims and Objectives include:
· To establish core skills in managing hearing loss in infants and children to optimise life-long auditory potential
· To apply verification and validation techniques for amplification and listening technologies
· To integrate care across a team of professionals, centred around the needs of the family
· To be able to present and support early communication options around family choice
· To understand and derive functional measures of benefit for decision-making on developing listening and expressive speech options
· To introduce a culture of reflective practice, service evaluation and professional learning
· To apply new techniques in clinical placements and implement change within departmental practice if appropriate
· To constructively evaluate and recognise constraints in observed clinical practice
To understand the responsibility conferred by professional training in paediatric audiology and importance of continually developing knowledge and practice
Topics will include:
- Family centred hearing management
- Hearing aid selection verification, evaluation and monitoring of amplification progress in children
- Cohesive intervention and assessment of progress by a multidisciplinary team
- Functional Speech Outcome Measures
- Advanced amplification considerations
- Educational management of children with hearing loss
This course will be taught by Carolina Leal and external contributors to ensure a variety of interest
The course is five days in duration and will run each Friday. Delegates are must attend all 5 days in order to be eligible for a CPD certificate of attendance.
- Carolina Leal
Confirmed external Speakers:
- Mr Kirk Vian
Specially invited external speakers to include representatives from:
- Public Health England
- Private Sector
- 2016 course timetable (example)
NB: This example timetable is indicative of a previous course only and is subject to possible change.
- Points currently to be approved.
|Cost of 5 Day Masterclass||EB £570 TBC||SR £645 TBC|
|Cost of 4 Day Masterclass|
(for those taking with Masterclass in Advanced Amplification)
|EB £485 TBC||SR £555 TBC|
EB – Early Bird rate
SR – Standard rate
The Paediatric Habilitation masterclass can only be booked as a full course (i.e. there will be no 1 day, 2 day etc options).
There is a special price for those who are taking this module in conjunction with the Advanced Amplification Masterclass as there will be an overlap of one day with this course.
- Payment via UCL Store must be made at least 2 working days before the start of the course
- In order to secure your place using a purchase order, these must be received at least 3 weeks before the start of the course
NB: Your place on the course is not secured until payment has cleared.
- Booking not yet available