- An infographic produced by UCLDH and 4Humanities has won an award
- David Ryan (UCL CDIP Archive Studies, 1987) has received an LVO for outstanding service in the New Year's Honours List. He works for the Royal Household as Director of Records.
- A blog by Molly Slight, one of our MA Publishing students, has been published on the Bookseller website.
- Gilliland, A., Flinn, A. (2013) ‘Community Archives: What are we really talking about?’, Keynote address, Nexus, Confluence, and Difference: Community Archives meets Community Informatics: Prato CIRN Conference Oct 28-30 2013, Editors: Larry Stillman, Amalia Sabiescu, Nemanja Memarovic, Centre for Community Networking Research, Centre for Social Informatics, Monash University. ISBN 978-0-9874652-1-4 Available here
- Flinn, A., Sexton, A., (2013) ‘Research on community heritage: moving from collaborative research to participatory and co-designed research practice’, Nexus, Confluence, and Difference: Community Archives meets Community Informatics: Prato CIRN Conference Oct 28-30 2013, Editors: Larry Stillman, Amalia Sabiescu, Nemanja Memarovic, Centre for Community Networking Research, Centre for Social Informatics, Monash University. ISBN 978-0-9874652-1-4 Available here
- Flinn, A., (2013) ‘Sharing memories, competing narratives. Online archival heritage and the articulation of individual, community and national identities’, Keynote address in Differentes Olhares Sobre Os Arquivos Online: Digitalizacao, Memoria e Acesso (Different Views of Online Archives: Digitisation, Memory and Access) edited by Lucia Maria Velloso de Oliveira & Maria Celina Soaries de Mello e Silva. Rio de Janeiro, Associacao dos Arquivistas (AAB) ISBN 978-85-85800-10-9
- Duff, W., Flinn, A., Wallace, D. (2013), ‘Social justice impact of archives: a preliminary investigation’, Archival Science 13 (4): 317-348 doi: 10.1007/s10502-012-9198-x (First published online January 2013)
- Ray, L., Shepherd, E., Flinn, A., Ander, E. & Laperdrix, M. (2013), 'Funding archive services in England and Wales: institutional realities and professional perceptions', Archives and Records: The Journal of the Archives and Records Association, DOI: 10.1080/23257962.2013.822355. Eprint available for download (limited)
- Nyhan, J., Flinn, A., Welsh, A. (2013) ‘Oral History and the hidden histories project: towards a history of computing in the Humanities’. Literary and Linguistic Computing: the journal of digital scholarship in the humanities. doi: 10.1093/llc/fqt044
- Flinn, A with R. Perks. (2013) 'Curation or Creation? Archivists and Oral History', Oral History Spring 41-1, 113-119
- Cohen, G., Mates, L., Flinn, A. (2012), ‘Capture-Recapture Methods and Party Activism in Britain’. The Journal of Interdisciplinary History 43(2): 247-274.
- Flinn,A. (2012) ‘Archives and their communities: Collecting histories, challenging heritage’, Memory, Narrative and Histories: Critical Debates, New Trajectories edited by Graham Dawson, Working Papers on Memory, Narrative and Histories, no. 1, University of Brighton
- Flinn,A. (2012) Review: I, Digital: Personal collections in the Digital Age, edited by Cal Lee, Records Management Journal 22:3
- Nyhan, J., Flinn, A., Welsh, A. (2012) Introduction. Digital Humanities Quarterly 6:3.
- Flinn, A. (2011), ‘Archival activism. Independent and community-led archives, radical public history and the heritage professions’, InterActions: UCLA Journal of Education and Information Studies Volume 7, Issue 2 Available here
- Stevens, M., Flinn, A., Shepherd, E. (2011) 'New frameworks for community engagement in the archive sector: from handing over to handing on', Heritage and Community Engagement. Collaboration or Contestation edited by Emma Waterton and Steve Watson, Abingdon:Routledge
- Flinn, A. (2011) ‘The impact of independent and community archives on professional archival thinking and practice.’ Hill,J. (ed) The Future of Archives and Recordkeeping, London: Facet Publishing
- Flinn,A., Shepherd, E. (2011), Guest Editors Special Edition, Archives, Records and Identities – Questions of Trust, Archival Science 11 3-4
- Flinn, A., Shepherd, E. (2011) ‘Questions of trust (and distrust)’. Archival Science 11 (3-4) 169-174
- Shepherd, E., Stevenson, A., and Flinn, A. (2011) ‘Records management in English local government: The effect of freedom of information’. Records Management Journal, 21 (2)
- Shepherd, E., Flinn, A., Stevenson, A. (2011) ‘Freedom of Information and records management in local government: help or hindrance?’ Information Polity: the International Journal of Governance and Democracy in the Information Age
- Flinn, A. (2010). '"An attack on professionalism and scholarship"?: Democratising Archives and the Production of Knowledge.' Ariadne 62 Available here
- Stevens, M., Flinn, A., Shepherd, E. (2010) 'New frameworks for community engagement in the archive sector: from handing over to handing on.' International Journal of Heritage Studies Volume 16 Issues 1 & 2, 59-76 DOI: 10.1080/13527250903441770 Eprint available for download (limited)
- Flinn, A. (2010). 'Independent Community Archives and Community-Generated Content. Writing and Saving our Histories.' Convergence: The International Journal of Research into New Media Technologies 16 (1), 39-51 DOI 10.1177/1354856509347707
- Flinn, A. (2008, published 2010) ‘Migrations, disputed heritages and multicultured identities: archives in post-colonial societies’ Archives and Manuscripts 36 (2), 54-75
- Flinn, A. (2008, published 2010). 'Archives and their communities: serving the people', COMMA 2008-1, 157-168
- Sayeau, M., Flinn, A & Furlong, G. Orwell Online podcast. Available here
- Tubb, K., Cain, J., Fend, M, Flinn, A. Cultural property – an ethical resource for study and enjoyment', UCL Podcasts. Available here
- Flinn, A., Pick, G. (2009). ‘Diversifying and democratising archive collections – an agenda for transformation’, in the Mayor’s Commission on African and Asian Heritage, Embedding Shared Heritage: The Heritage Diversity Task Force Report, London: GLA
- Flinn, A., Stevens, M. (2009). '“It is noh mistri, wi mekin histri” . Telling Our Own Story: Independent and Community Archives in the United Kingdom, Challenging and Subverting the Mainstream.' Bastian, J. & Alexander, B. (eds.) Community Archives. The shaping of memory. London: Facet Publishing. ISBN 978-1-85604-639-8
- Flinn, A., Stevens, M., Shepherd, E. (2009). 'Whose memories, whose archives? Independent community archives, autonomy and the mainstream.' Archival Science 9(1-2), 71-86 DOI 10.1007/s10502-009-9105-2
- Shepherd, E., Stevenson, A., Flinn, A. (2009) 'The Impact of Freedom of Information on Records Management Use in Local Government: A Literature Review.' Journal of the Society of Archivists 30(2), 227-248.
- Flinn, A. (2009). '"Mothers for Peace", co-operation, feminism and peace: the Women's Co-operative Guild and the anti-war movement between the wars' Chapter 9 in Black, L. & Robertson, N. (eds.) Taking Stock: Consumerism and the Co-operative movement in modern British history. Manchester: MUP, 138-154. ISBN: 9780719076848
- Flinn, A., Jones, H. (2009). 'The Freedom of Information Act in practice: the historian's perspective', Chapter 3 in Flinn, A. & Jones, H. (eds.), Freedom of Information. Open Access, Empty Archives? London: Routledge 33-53. ISBN: 9781857434200
- Flinn, A., Jones, H. (eds.) (2009), Freedom of Information. Open Access, Empty Archives? London: Routledge. ISBN: 9781857434200
- Flinn,A. (2008). 'Other Ways of Thinking, Other Ways of Being. Documenting the Margins and the Transitory: What to Preserve, How to Collect' Chapter 6 in Craven,L (ed.) What are Archives? Cultural and Theoretical Perspectives. Aldershot: Ashgate, 109-128. ISBN: 9780754673101
- Cohen, G., Flinn, A. D., Morgan, K. (2008). 'Towards a Mixed Method Social History: Combining Quantatitve and Qualitative Methods in the Study of Collective Biography'. In Keats-Rohan, K. B. S. (Ed.). A Guide to Prosopography. Oxford
- Flinn,A. (2007). 'Community Histories, Community Archives: Some Opportunities and Challenges.' Journal of the Society of Archivists 28(2), 151-176. Eprint available for download (limited)
- Morgan,K., Cohen,G., Flinn,A. (2007), Communists and British Society 1920-1991,London: Rivers Oram Press. ISBN: 1854891448. 356pp.
- Cohen, G., Flinn, A., Mates, L. (2007)'Political Culture and the Post-War Labour Party. Values, practices and activism in the South Lewisham Labour Party, 1948-1971', Socialist History 32, 59-83
- Flinn,A., Cross,R. (2006). ‘Studying Political Activism: Biographical Approaches to the Writing of Party Histories’ Science and Society 70(1), 11-21
- Flinn, A., Cohen, G. (2006). 'The Abyssinia Crisis, British Labour and the Fracturing of the Anti-War Movement', Socialist History 28, 37-59
- Flinn, A. (2006). Freedom of Information Handbook, edited by Peter Carey and Marcus Turle. Open Government: a journal of freedom of information 2(1)
- Flinn, A. (2006). The Struggle for Labour’s Soul: Understanding Labour’s political thought since 1945, edited by Raymond Plant, Matt Beech & Kevin Hickson and New Labour, Old Labour: The Wilson and Callaghan Governments, 1974-79, edited by Anthony Seldon and Kevin Hickson. Labour History Review 71(3)
- Flinn,A. (2005). ‘Labour’s family: trade union branches, local Labour parties and trade councils in inter-war Lancashire’ in Worley,M. (ed.) Labour’s Grassroots: Members, Activists and the Labour Party, 1918-45. Aldershot: Ashgate, 102-123. ISBN: 0754640078
- Flinn,A., Cohen,G. (2005). ‘Locating the typical British Communist’ in Morgan, K., Cohen, G., Flinn, A. (ed.) Agents of the Revolution: new biographical approaches to the history of the Comintern. Oxford: Peter Lang. ISBN: 3039100750
- Flinn,A., Cohen,G., Mates, Lewis (2005). 'National politicians and local political parties: Herbert Morrison and the South Lewisham Labour Party' Lewisham History Journal 13, 29-60
- Flinn,A., Morgan,K., Cohen,G. (2005), Agents of the Revolution: new biographical approaches to the history of the Comintern Oxford: Peter Lang
- Flinn, A. D., Cohen, G. (2005). ‘The Abyssinian Crisis, British Labour and the fracturing of the anti-war movement’. Socialist History (28), 37-59
- Flinn,A., Woolmore,E. (2004). ‘Describing Manchester’s Archives. Collection level descriptions and the Greater Manchester Past Finder Project’ Journal of the Society of Archivists 25(1), 51-62. ISSN: 0037-9816
- Flinn, A., Morgan, K. (2003). ‘George Hardy’. In Gildart, K., Howell, D., Kirk, N. (Eds.). Dictionary of Labour Biography, Volume X1 (pp.98-109). Basingstoke: Palgrave.
- Flinn, A. (2003). Faking Real Existing Socialism: some thoughts on Good Bye Lenin! Communist History Network Newsletter (15) Manchester
- Flinn,A. (2002). ‘Cypriot, Indian and West Indian Branches of the CPGB, 1945-1970. An experiment in self-organisation?’ Socialist History (21), 47-66
- Flinn,A. (2001). ‘William Rust: Comintern’s blue eyed boy?’ in Morgan,K., McIlroy,J., Campbell,A. (ed.) Party People – Communist Lives, Explorations in Biography Party People – Communist Lives, Explorations in Biography. London: Lawrence and Wishart. ISBN: 085315936X