Current DCAL Newsletter available in BSL
26 February 2012
Newsletter Issue 10: Welcome Message Wishing all readers a good 2012!
We hope this Winter 2011/New Year 2012 issue of the DCAL newsletter will greet you soon after you return to work from a peaceful Christmas and New Year break.
The newsletter reviews just some of the activities that the DCAL team has been engaged in these last six months since the DCAL summer newsletter.
All of us here at DCAL can look back on 2011 as a busy and productive time - the first year since the Centre's work was recognised by receive funding from the Economic and Social Research Fund (ESRC) for a further 5 years' research and public engagement work. This last year saw us set off on "DCAL II". We look forward to continuing this journey into 2012, and once more to a year of fruitful and inspiring collaboration with many newsletter readers - academic colleagues, practitioners, press, policy makers and community members.
We hope this issue will make interesting reading for you. If you would like to read about any of the research in more detail please go to DCAL's website or if you have comments or questions please email us.
With all good wishes for the New Year 2012,
DCAL directors - Professor Bencie Woll, Professor Gabriella Vigliocco, Professor Gary Morgan, Dr Mairead MacSweeney
- SPECIAL FOCUS: What is it like to be a postgraduate at DCAL?
- Are you interested in postgraduate study at DCAL?
- Postgraduate conference on international sign language research
- Talking about bilingualism
- BSL Corpus Project goes online
- DCAL's Tales from the road
- Update on Deaf with Dementia Project
- DCAL working with Cognitive Disorders Clinic
- Sharing Research: Iconicity and Embodiment on Tour
Get involved in DCAL's research
If you would like to see a printed version of the newsletter, then click on the following link for a pdf version.