We believe that when a variety of voices are included, our research is better quality, more impactful, and more relevant in society. With networks across UCL, and outside UCL, we want to build connections between departments, disciplines, and communities.
Public Engagement Network
The UCL Public Engagement Network brings together UCL staff and students interested in public engagement and keeps you up to date with new developments via regular meetings and newsletters.
The meetings are designed to appeal to all, whether you are a novice or a public engagement old-hand, and everyone from UCL is welcome. Find out when the next Network meeting is taking place.
Creating Connections is a regular networking event that brings together UCL staff and postgraduate students with representatives from community organisations, charities, residents’ groups, social enterprises and statutory organisations, with the aim of finding mutually beneficial ways to work together. It is organised by UCL’s Public Engagement Unit and UCLU’s Volunteering Services Unit usually in association with one or more community partner. We run these events in both Camden and in East London. Find out when the next one is and sign up to join the Creating Connections network.
The School of Life and Medical Sciences (SLMS) Community of Engagers
The SLMS Community of Engagers has been set up to support those of us across the School of Life and Medical Sciences (SLMS) who are working in Public Engagement and Patient and Public Involvement.
The Community of Engagers aims to help support members:
- With one another and get to know each other better
- Grow capabilities by sharing our mutual expertise, experience, and resources
- Engage in collaborations, partnerships and network building
- PE and PPI best practices across SLMS
To join the conversation and take part in future meetings and activities, join the online SLMS Community of Engagers group.
UCL East Engagement Network
The UCL East Engagement Network is open to both academics and non-academics who have responsibility for developing and delivering activities in East London. The networks aims are to:
- Develop and promote a shared understanding of UCL’s community and public engagement strategy across all relevant academic and professional service units at UCL.
- Champion best practice in community and public engagement.
- Provide a space where UCL staff involved in community and public engagement can access peer support, advice and challenge in relation to their engagement activity
- Share the learning of UCL East community and public engagement activity across the institution and use it to improve our delivery of outstanding engagement programmes in London and beyond
Contact the Engagement Manager East if you would like to get involved.