Our laboratory developed a steering wheel setup to probe mouse behavior (Cell Reports, 2017). In this setup, a mouse turns a steering wheel with its front paws to indicate whether a visual stimulus appears to its left or to its right.
This setup is being adopted in multiple laboratories, from Stanford to Tokyo, and is being deployed by the International Brain Laboratory.
To facilitate this deployment, we here provide instructions to build the setup with components that are entirely off-the-shelf or 3-D printed (click here to navigate it in 3-D).
- Hardware instructions Version 1.1.0 (Jul 2018)
- Hardware instructions Version 1.0.0 (Oct 2017)
- Hardware instructions Version 0.9.3 (Jul 2017)
- Hardware instructions Version 0.9.2 (May 2017)
- Software instructions Version 1.4 (Apr 2018)
- Software instructions Version 1.3 (Jan 2018)
- Software instructions Version 1.2 (Oct 2017)
- Software instructions Version 1.1 (Sep 2017)
We would like to keep these instructions up to date, and we welcome your feedback on how to improve them further.