Brexit: Its Consequences for Other Member States
02 June 2016, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
Anatomy G29 J Z Young LT, Gower Street.
What are the likely effects of Brexit on politics within other member states? Would Brexit change remaining member states' relationships with the EU? Would it affect decision-making within member states? We will explore how these issues might play out in a diverse range of member states, including Ireland - the UK's closest neighbour -, long-standing member states such as Germany and the Netherlands, and newer members such as Poland and Romania.
- Agata Gostyńska-Jakubowska, Research Fellow at the Centre for European Reform and former Senior Research Fellow at the Polish Institute of International Affairs
- Dr Sara Hagemann, Assistant Professor, LSE European Institute
- Alan Posener, Correspondent on Politics and Society for Die Welt
- Brian O'Connell, UK Consultant Director of the British Irish Chamber of Commerce and former London Editor for RTE News
- Dr Alan Renwick, Deputy Director of the Constitution Unit