1. One-to-One Careers Advice for Research Students
Research students have access to a specialist adviser. Appointments last 30 minutes and you can discuss any career related issue, such as:
- Your CV, cover letters and application forms
- Decisions about what to do at the end of your studentship, for example how to progress in academia or starting a career elsewhere
- Planning your next steps to get where you want to be
- How to market your research and other skills to academic or non academic recruiters
Appointments are available on
- Tuesdays from 10am - 12pm
- Thursdays from 2pm - 4:45pm
and can be booked in advance by calling 020 7866 3600 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org (note: you will be asked for your student ID number).
2. Careers in Research
For further information visit the UCL dedicated Researcher webpages
- UCL Careers: Researchers. Calendar of Events
3. Career Essentials: Talks and Workshops Programme
This series of workshops is aimed at current students and recent graduates.
4. Starting out in an Academic Career: Classics and Ancient History
A dedicated workshop led by staff at UCL, KCL and SAS for PhD students in Classics and Ancient History who are contemplating an academic career. The next workshop is scheduled for November 2022 in the Department of Greek and Latin, UCL. Details are available on the Lyceum website.