Child Health Research Studentship Scheme
Are you interested in undertaking a short research project this summer?
The Trustees of the Child Health Research CIO have once again agreed to fund the Summer Vacation Studentship Scheme this year. Up to seven studentships will be available for undergraduate students studying science or medicine with maintenance support of £436.18* per week for a period of eight weeks. (*Based on full time working paid at London Living Wage hourly rate). Applicants should read the eligibility criteria before submitting an application. Only applicants meeting the eligibility criteria will be considered, without exception.
- Eligibility Criteria
You must be:
- studying a scientific subject relative to the aims of the UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health, and be able to express a strong interest to study for a PhD in the future
- in your penultimate or final year of undergraduate study or in the pre-clinical years of clinical degrees
- undertaking your undergraduate degree in the UK
- Applicants with no or little previous research experience will be given priority as it is felt that these students will benefit the most from this opportunity. The duration of previous research experience must be less than 4 weeks.
- Applicants must be on track to obtain a minimum of a 2.1 for their undergraduate degree.
These are research-based placements and it is not possible to fund the costs of overseas visits. The projects must be based entirely in the UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health (UCL GOS ICH). Travel and accommodation costs are not covered by the Scheme.
The Institute's areas of research are currently grouped into Research & Teaching Departments. Our laboratories are modern and well equipped and we also have excellent facilities for those carrying out research in non-laboratory subjects. You can find out more about the research carried out at ICH on our research pages.
The Institute is located in Guilford Street and the nearest tube station is Russell Square (Piccadilly Line) - map.
If you wish to be considered for a summer vacation studentship for work to be carried out in the Institute, please complete the following application form by Monday 20th February 2023:
Your application will be forwarded as appropriate for further consideration.
Reports provided by previous summer students.
Other Summer Placement Schemes
- Health Data Science Black Internship Programme
- Wellcome Trust
- The Nuffield Foundation
- The Biochemical Society