Research Centres and Domains
What is a Research Centre?
Research Centres sit outside of the Research Departments and Divisions to promote cross-disciplinary research within the Division, Faculty, across UCL and with external partners. Below are the Research Centres associated with the Division of Biosciences:
- Bloomsbury Centre for Skeletal Research
- Centre for Biodiversity and Environment Research (CBER)
- Institute of Healthy Ageing (IHA)
- UCL Centre for Computational Biology
- UCL Centre for Life’s Origins and Evolution (CLOE)
- UCL Consortium for Mitochondrial Research
- UCL Genetics Institute (UGI)
- Young Embryologist Network
What is a Research Domain?
UCL Research Domains are large, cross-disciplinary research communities that aim to bring together a critical mass of expertise to solve the world's most urgent problems. Research Domains allow strategic coordination of research across UCL and its partner organisations.