Candidates for PhD studentships and projects are strongly encouraged to identify their area(s) of interest among the various BioP research activities, and contact the respective academic(s) to enquire about the availability of PhD research projects.
Available PhD projects
- None avaialable at this time.
Candidates should have at least a UK upper second class MSci or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in physics, biophysics or a related subject. To apply for PhD studentships in the BioP group, it is recommended to follow the procedure outlined at www.ucl.ac.uk/physics-astronomy/study/phd, include mention of the Biological Physics research group, and notify the potential PhD supervisor of the application.
In general, students who are interested in research projects in BioP are also encouraged to also explore the various other possibilities for related PhD studentships at UCL. The following links will lead you towards PhD projects and programmes that cover the biological physics remit.
- PhD opportunities at the Department of Physics and Astronomy
- PhD opportunities at the London Centre for Nanotechnology
- CoMPLEX doctoral training centre
- Wellcome Trust PhD interdisciplinary programme
- BBSRC London Interdisciplinary Biosciences PhD consortium
- UCL-Birkbeck MRC Doctoral Training Programme
- HDR UK-Turing Wellcome PhD Programme in Health Data Science
- Advanced Characterisation of Materials
- Medical MBPhD programme