We're hiring: Research Fellow/ Senior Research Fellow in natural capital accounting
7 September 2023
The UCL Institute for Sustainable Resources is seeking a Research Fellow/ Senior Research Fellow in natural capital accounting (full-time)
- Ref number B04-04253
- Professional expertise Research and Research Support
- Department UCL BEAMS (B04)
- Location London
- Working Full-time
- Salary See advert text
- Contract type Fixed-term
- Working type Hybrid (20% - 80% on site)
- Available for secondment No
- Closing Date 17-Oct-2023
About the role
The position is funded by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) as part of its Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE). A key workstream of the ESCoE programme is the improved measurement and presentation of natural capital, both in extended national accounts and in other published economic accounts. Working with Prof. Paul Ekins and Hon. Prof. Joe Grice, the Research Fellow will make suggestions for the improvement of ONS’s measurement of natural capital in both physical and monetary terms, and its communication to decision makers and other stakeholders. This post is available immediately and is funded for 18 months in the first instance, further funding to support the post is being sought. A job description and person specification can be accessed at the bottom of this page. If you have any queries regarding the vacancy or the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have specific questions about the role please contact Paul Ekins, email@example.com. This role meets the eligibility requirements for a skilled worker certificate of sponsorship or a global talent visa under UK Visas and Immigration legislation. Therefore, UCL welcomes applications from international applicants who require a visa.
Experience is required in some or all of national accounting, natural capital, environmental valuation, input-output analysis and related topics and methodologies, and therefore requires knowledge of natural capital concepts and approaches to its measurement. Also essential is the ability to write and publish research papers.
- Download the Job Description for this role: Download: Job Description Research Fellow in Natural Capital Accounting.docx
- Download: Talentlink candidate_guidance_text_Adjusted.docx
- To apply for this vacancy click on the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
- If you have any queries regarding the vacancy or the application process, please contact BSEER Recruitment.
- If you have specific questions about the role, please contact Prof Paul Ekins.
- Please use these links to find out more about the UCL working life including the benefits we offer and UCL Terms and Conditions related to this job.
Image credit: pexels.com